Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spiders




No it’s not Halloween in our house. You might be asking yourself why I would make my children a spider to play with especially since some spiders are extremely dangerous and this might entice them to play with any given one. Here is the story behind the spider.

Since fishing on Saturday, Madeline has requested her “spiders” we know them as fishing lures. See Eric went ahead of me with the kids and when I arrived Maddie had the lure box and had come attached to it. My first reaction was to tell her that they are just like spiders and she needed to stay away from them. Since Sunday, Maddie has found the lure box on many occasions and claimed her "spiders." She has asked repeatedly to see her spiders and I reply they are sleeping. Through my quest to figure out how to keep her mind off the “spiders” long enough for her to forget about them I decided we would make spiders. I kids love their new craft and have spent hours playing with them. So my next step is for them to get tired of the spiders, forget about them and then re-teach them that spiders are not to play with.

Yeah, a strategy that might have not been thought out properly. But in the light of things the kids love them.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Your kids have an awesome mom.