Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mommy and Son Date - Ice Skating

When we signed up for the Magic House they were doing a promotion and we ended up with 2 free ice skating tickets. Thanks Brian and Daisy!!! As many of you know Caleb LOVES ice skating so it was the perfect mommy/son date. The day had a few bumps in the road due to Madeline’s friend being sick when we showed up to drop her off but lucky one of my sweet, dear friends took Madeline in with minutes’ notice. Thanks a bunch girl! Anyhow, back to our date. It was awesome. I have come to the conclusion that if I EVER want to put a smile on my sons face just to take him skating. He was smiling and laughing the whole time. This smile was the full open wide smile to… the whole time. I loved seeing him enjoying something so much. We laughed so much and the kids doesn’t mind falling, laughs at the challenge and gets right back up and enjoys. (He gets that from his mommy). While we were skating Caleb did a whole turn. I don’t think he meant to but I was sure darn surprised to see that he did it with ease. He also decided that he wanted to skate like his mommy so he turned around and went backwards and didn't fall might I add. Our date was a lot of fun.




1 comment:

anorthowife said...

It's easy to have fun when your date is that cute!!!