Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


I have no idea why this picture is sideways but it's late so it's just going to be that way. This picture was taken of my brother steven, my dad, baby Eric and myself at my Grandfathers gave. I wish I could have gone there today with my father.
As the flags fly high in the sky, blowing in the wind, I am reminded of my loved ones and others that have fought for this country. I am reminded of their love, dedication, ambition and drive for this county. I am reminded of memories that I cherish and hold dearly of my Grandparents. This year, Memorial Day has become extremely personal. Today, I think of my brother Steven who is currently in boot camp. Today, I think of his wife. I reflect of my Grandma and my Grandpa who have passed. My father-in-law Jack. I think of how sheltered we are because they protect us from more than we could imagine. How at peace we are because they have decided to step up and fight. I think and pray for the safety of my brother. And today I say thank you in a different light and a new appreciation.
Steven... I pray for you daily and even at night with Caleb. He talks about you all the time. He actually calls most guys Uncle Steven. You have made a huge impression on him and he loves and miss you so much. We love you!!! XOXO's

1 comment:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I'm so grateful for the sacrifices your family has made for me! Tell them that! Your brother's wife is amazing. I think med school is hard...but that would be much harder!