Monday, August 17, 2009

Birthday wishes come true

I had a great birthday and thought it would be fun to share some of the special moments. Keely came down on Friday to celebrate and hang out with me. Saturday we took the kids to Grants Farm.

My birthday was full of warmth, love, phone calls and emails. The kids and Eric made a banner for me. Caleb was so proud of it and continued to ask me how I liked it throughout the day. It made it even more special.

I was given a beta fish from the kids. I love fun loving gifts that are from their hearts. Though they could have gotten me something else this is something that they feel is special and they wanted me to have. We finally decided on a name that all of us like… Nemo. I’m sure every child has a fish named Nemo. This is another gift that both kids were so interested in how I liked it. They continued throughout the day to ask if I loved the fish they got me for my birthday. One time I told Caleb I really like it. He asked do you love it and I replied yes I do. He kissed me on the arm and said I’m so glad. MELT my HEART! Thank you kids and Eric for a gift worth giving, a gift that opens my children eyes to compassion, sympathy and empathy. A gift that they want me to cherish but most of all I cherish their love for me that they find in the importance of the gift itself.

I was also given this bouquet of flowers. It has become a tradition for all holidays (that involve mommy) for Eric to take the kids to the store and let them pick out the flowers that they would like to give me. Once each one of them have picked their flowers they make them into a bouquet. This has become incredible special to me because it is made up of my husband and my children choices in the flowers that they think I would like. I love that they do this for me and I love what it represents.

I was also really spoiled yesterday by a lunch at Red Robin, a home movie (High School Musical) and then dinner our again at Texas Roadhouse. I also got other wonderful gifts that I am so excited to use. Tonight, I am a lucky girl, a few of my girl friends are picking me up and taking me to dinner.

Thank you all for all the warm birthday wishes. Love you!

No comments: