Monday, January 17, 2011

Genuineness

Madeline has always loved giving gifts but she really takes it to the heart. In the last year, she has started picking out her friends gifts. She loves the gifts that she picks out and really thinks of the person. I love that about her. But what I love more is what happens at night.

This afternoon, we wrapped Eric’s birthday gifts. Each of the kids picked out a special gift for Eric. They were a $1 but what matters are that they are from the heart. We came home and wrapped them. Madeline immediately said, “I am going to hide mine. Mom, want me to hide yours.” I said, “Sure.”

Fast forward till bedtime, Eric walks in and she is holding Eric’s gift, wrapped in Ironman paper (her choosing). She pulls the gift into bed with her and says dad, “I want to sleep with it. It’s your present daddy.”

She is pure genuine. So if you ever wonder after reading this if my daughter sleeps with your child’s birthday gift… the answer is yes. I’m sure it’s been hugged and kissed too. ;)

No comments: