Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two dates in one week!


First Eric took me to Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra. It was an awesome concert. We heard Guide to Strange Places by John Adams, Rach the 3 by Rachmaninoff, and Concerto for Orchestra by Bartok. You should have seen the crowd and heard some of the remarks after Rach the 3 was complete. It was so awesome!!! People were boasting that they were shaking in their seats and that the piano was going to catch flame because the pianist was so fr... Read Moreeaking fast. He was beyond awesome. We sat where we could see the keys and I absolutely loved watching him play. He was amazing!

We also went to the movie theater and saw Iron Man. We really enjoyed the movie and loved getting out! We exchanged nights of babysitting with a friend. It was really nice to have someone that we knew here with the kids. Thanks a bunch, girly!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad that you were able to see a live performance of Rachmaninoff's 3rd Piano Concerto. It's seriously breathtaking! I think you'll remember that night forever. = )
You both look fabulous all dressed up. We'll have to go on a fancy double date one of these days. That would be a blast!
Are you two interested in seeing more performances of the SLSO? I wish I could see Beethoven's 7th Symphony that they're playing this weekend. It's one of my favorite. Also, I'm really wanting to hear them perform Resphigi's Pines of Rome. They'll be incredible (much better than OKC)!